- The 40G QSFP+ | LM4 | LC Connector is a transceiver module designed for 2km (SMF) / 150m (MMF) optical communication applications. The design is compliant to 40GBASE-IR4 of the IEEE P802.3ba standard. The module converts 4 inputs channels (ch) of 10Gb/s electrical data to 4 CWDM optical signals, and multiplexes them into a single channel for 40Gb/s optical transmission. Reversely, on the receiver side, the module optically de-multiplexes a 40Gb/s input into 4 CWDM channels signals, and converts them to 4 channel output electrical data.The central wavelengths of the 4 CWDM channels are 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331 nm as members of the CWDM wavelength grid defined in ITU-T G694.2. It contains a duplex LC connector for the optical interface and a 38-pin connector for the electrical interface.
The product is designed with form factor, optical/electrical connection and digital diagnostic interface according to the QSFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA). It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity and EMI interference.
The module operates from a single +3.3V power supply and LVCMOS/LVTTL global control signals such as Module Present, Reset, Interrupt and Low Power Mode are available with the modules. A 2-wire serial interface is available to send and receive more complex control signals and to obtain digital diagnostic information. Individual channels can be addressed and unused channels can be shut down for maximum design flexibility.
The 40G QSFP+ | LM4 | LC Connector is designed with form factor, optical/electrical connection and digital diagnostic interface according to the QSFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA). It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity and EMI interference. The module offers very high functionality and feature integration, accessible via a two-wire serial interface.
- 4 independent full-duplex channels
- Up to 11.2Gbps per channel bandwidth
- Aggregate bandwidth of > 40Gbps
- Duplex LC connector
- QSFP MSA compliant
- Maximum Transmission length: 2KM on SMF(G.652) 150m on MMF(OM3)
- Single +3.3V power supply operating
- IEEE 802.3ba Electrical Interface
- Built-in digital diagnostic functions
- Temperature range 0°C to 70°C
- RoHS-6 Compliant
- Data centers Interconnect
- 40G Ethernet
- Switches and Routers
- Infiniband QDR